This privacy statement explains how and why Emerald and our third party payment platforms collects, stores, uses, and shares personal information when you visit our websites or use our platforms. Reading this will help you understand your privacy rights and choices. By using the Site or Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this privacy statement and the applicable user agreement.
“Personal information” in this statement means information about you, including your identity, finances, and online behavior.
When it comes to how your personal information is collected, stored, used, and shared, you have rights and choices.
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information our third party platforms collected about you in the past 12 months. You also have the right to ask them to delete your personal information they have collected about you on our site. If you or an authorized agent want to see or delete your personal information, Contact Us or submit your request from via email.
We will not deny you services, charge you different prices, or provide you with a different level of service solely for exercising your privacy rights.
Choose how we collect personal information:
You may choose to limit the personal information you provide when our apps or services request it. To help make choices that are right for you, it’s important to understand that personal information helps us provide a richer, more personalized experience for you. Also, some personal information is required for our services to function at all. If you connect your account to anyone of our third-party payment platforms, you may be able to manage how your personal information is collected, used, and shared by them. Read the third parties’ privacy policies to see the choices they offer you.
You can control which third-party payment platform service you connect to your account and what personal information they can collect about you. For example, to manage the permissions, go to the Security settings of that third party platform and make your changes.
Your choices about how we communicate with you differ depending on the purpose of the message and how it is delivered. Some messages are considered optional, and some are necessary for you to manage your accounts with us. We use email, recorded phone conversations, text messages and booking notifications on all devices, and even phone or paper mail depending on the situation and your preferences. You can always go to the settings of the payment platform we're using to unsubscribe from marketing email, opt out of a text message by replying “STOP,” or turn off notifications on your device. You can also change your account’s notification settings or the notification preferences on your device.
You won’t be able to opt out of messages that are considered necessary for you to manage your account, such as receipts and emails that alert you to changes in your account’s status that require your attention. You may be able to decide how we send those messages, such as by email, phone, text message, or a notification on your mobile device.
The personal information we collect:
We/They may collect your personal information when you register for or use of our web-site or their payment platform service, such as when you make a payment or schedule a booking application, service or plan from our booking system. Here are the kinds of personal information that we may collect when a booking has been scheduled or a payment has been made.
1. Information that identifies you, for example:
First and last name
Information collected from cookies or other tracking technologies
2. Records and financial information, for example:
Social Security Number
Bank account and routing numbers
Credit and debit card information
3. Personal characteristics, for example:
Age or Date of Birth
4. Commercial information, for example:
Online shopping cart information
Order and product information
5. Internet or network activity, for example:
Interactions with our services, platforms or sites.
6. Geolocation data, for example:
Global Positioning System (GPS) information when you give us permission through your device settings and IP-based geolocation.
7. Audio, electronic, visual, biometric, or similar information, for example:
Call recordings, when you are on a phone call with anyone from Emerald Yards we automatically record all our business communications. All our calls are recorded for quality, training and screening purposes. By law, Texas is considered a “one party consent” state, and we, at Emerald Yards consent to all our employees, staff and officers to recordings that can be beneficial for all parties, for example, if Emerald Yards failed to complete an application we offered you over the phone, you have that right to request a playback of our conversation so we can make things right. Voice identification, or when you consent to biometric method of authentication. Profile pictures you provide, Photo IDs you voluntarily provide to authenticate your account. How long are recorded conversations kept before deleting them? Emerald Yards keeps recorded conversations for a period of (10) days before deletion, than they are completely deleted from our server, unrecoverable.
8. Professional or employment information, for example:
Business information, contact emails and phone numbers
9. Information we infer based on your personal information, for example:
Fraud and risk assessments
How we collect personal information about you:
We may collect personal information about you from various sources, for example from:
- You, when you use our site, or anyone one of our payment platforms.
- Our payment platforms, such as card networks and payment processors
- Financial institutions, such as banks
- Credit bureaus
- Service providers, such as companies that help us manage risk and fraud, deliver services to you, and market our services.
If you have an account with any one of our payment platforms, we will associate that information from all these sources with your account to improve your experience and for compliance and analytics purposes. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people who are not allowed to use our sites and services, such as children under the age of 18 or pursuant to the applicable user agreements. Contact Us if you believe that we’ve mistakenly collected personal information from someone not allowed to use our services. We’ll delete it immediately, unless we’re legally required to keep it.
How we use tracking technologies like cookies:
Why we collect personal information:
We collect personal information for many reasons, including to improve your experience, and to run our business. Specific reasons why we collect your personal information include:
1. Run our sites and provide better services, for example to help you make purchases, show you your account information, verify access to your account, and keep your account and payment information up to date.
2. Manage and improve our business. For example, we do user research to improve our products’ performance and abilities. We also monitor and analyze our sites to help ensure they work as expected.
3. Protect our business and our customers from risk and fraud, including fraud that involves our business partners, strategic ventures, or other individuals.
4. Send you marketing information about our services. We may use personal information to market any specials, discounts or offers we are running. We use personal information to better understand and cater to your interests.
5 Personalize your experience when you use our sites and services, as well as other third-party sites and services. In this case, we might use tracking technologies like cookies. See our Cookie Statement for more details.
6. Send you locally relevant options, but only if you agree to let us track your location. If you do, this can help us enhance the security of our sites and services, and customize our services by using the right language and personalizing content such as ads and search results.
7. Contact you when you need us, such as answering a question you sent to our customer service team.
8. Comply with laws and enforce our agreements with you and other people who use our services and platforms.
9. If you choose to receive a digital receipt via email or text when completing a payment online through any of our payment platforms, we’ll remember your choice the next time you check-out with the same payment card.
10. Sometimes we share the personal information we collect with third parties to help us provide services, protect our customers from risk and fraud, market our products, and comply with legal obligations.
We may share personal information with:
Other third-party member platforms we choose to use for collections would be PayPal, including any of their brands such as Venmo, Honey, Happy Returns, Chargehound, and Hyperwallet, or others such as Paysafe, Zelle, Mobile Pay, or any other third party collection platform we choose to use to collect for services rendered.
1. Service providers that help us with processing payments, marketing, research, compliance, audits, corporate governance, communications, and security
2. Card networks and payment processors
3. Financial institutions, such as banks we partner with to offer joint products, like Synchrony Bank in connection with Emerald Yards Credit.
4. Credit reporting and collections agencies.
5. Courts, governments, regulators, and law enforcement when accompanied by a subpoena or other legal documentation that requires Emerald Yards to respond.
6. Third parties that you asked us to connect with, such as other financial or social media apps. If you want us to stop sharing information with a third party, disconnect your account from that third party.
9. Other third parties to:
Comply with laws
- Investigate or enforce violations of our user agreement
- Facilitate a merger, purchase, or sale of part or all of our business
- Comply with card association rules
- To prevent physical harm or illegal activity
How we protect your personal information
Helping to keep your personal information safe against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, and alteration is our top priority.
To protect your personal information, we use technical, physical, and administrative security measures that include:
- Data encryption
- Physical access controls at data centers
- SSL Certificates
While we protect our systems and services, you’re responsible for keeping your password(s) and account information private. You are also responsible for making sure your personal information is accurate and up to date.
If your account is closed, we and our third party platforms may keep your personal information and other information as required by law. If we do, we’ll continue to handle it as we describe in this statement.
If you have questions about this privacy statement or your personal information, Contact Us so we can help. To talk about your Emerald Yards account or the payment platform you're using to pay your bill: Call Emerald Yards Customer Service at (210) 753-4017, or create a chat ticket on our chat icon button at the bottom right side of our web-site.